Senators-Canadiens Preview

Mensagem
Autor
PK Subban Jersey

Senators-Canadiens Preview

#1 Mensagem por PK Subban Jersey »

Craig Anderson may be the preferred to win the Vezina Trophy had he not missed extended time in the regular season due to injury, though the Ottawa Senators are a lot more than content he is about for the playoffs.</p> <p>After a stellar performance helped Ottawa steal residence-ice benefit, Anderson leads his team into Game 2 of its Eastern Conference quarterfinal series Friday evening against the Montreal Canadiens, who will be with out Lars Eller right after he was the recipient of a brutal hit in Game one.</p> <br/> <p>Montreal set a group record for a regulation playoff game by putting 50 shots on purpose, but Anderson stopped 48 in a 4-two victory Thursday. It marked the fifth time in his profession Anderson produced at least 48 saves and second time in the playoffs.</p><p>"What can you say? Andy's our MVP," defenseman Marc Methot explained. "He's a machine back there. He just keeps going and going. We're fortunate to have him in the net."</p><p>Anderson was 8-4-two with a one Tomas Plekanec Jersey.49 targets-towards common when he suffered a sprained right ankle towards the New York Rangers on Feb. 21 that kept him sidelined until April seven. He completed with an NHL-greatest 1.69 GAA, but his damage could preserve him from winning any main awards.</p><p>Anderson has stopped 109 of 114 shots in three games this season versus Montreal. The Senators trailed two-1 entering the third time period Thursday, but Anderson turned away 9 shots.</p><p>"You just have to give your group an opportunity to stay in the game and win http://www.canadiensteamfansstore.com/C ... ec_Jerseys," Anderson mentioned. "We went from getting no momentum in the second and taking momentum back in the third."</p><p>Methot, Jakob Silfverberg and Erik Karlsson - playing in his fourth game since returning from a torn Achilles - every had a objective and an help for the sixth-seeded Senators, who are hoping for a better postseason outcome right after falling in 7 video games to the Rangers in last year's very first round.</p><p>Ottawa, although, could be with out defenseman Eric Gryba in Game two following he obtained a five-minute interference penalty and game misconduct for an open-ice hit Thursday that left Eller bleeding prior to he was taken off on a stretcher.</p><p>Gryba could get disciplinary action for the hit as Eller suffered a concussion, plus facial and dental fractures as he reached for a pass from Raphael Diaz.</p><p>"I stepped up to make a hit. I stored my shoulder down. He obtained the puck by the time I hit him," Gryba said. "I saw the replay. My elbow was down and there was no intent to harm him whatsoever and I hope that he is Ok. I'm not out right here to harm anybody and it is by no means very good to seeing something like that.</p><p>"I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery."</p><p>Montreal coach Michel Therrien made the decision to depart the subject alone.</p><p>"I can not comment," he stated.</p><p>The third-seeded Canadiens, who acquired objectives from Rene Bourque and Brendan Gallagher, have misplaced 4 of 5 at property dating to the standard season Brendan Gallagher Jersey. They've also dropped 4 of their final five property playoff contests.</p><p>"We played a great game and we deserved a greater outcome," Therrien said. "I'm proud of our crew. But the story of the game was Anderson http://www.canadiensteamfansstore.com/C ... ur_Jerseys. He was extraordinary."</p><p>Carey Price, who went 2-6- with a 4.18 GAA over his final eight regular-season appearances, manufactured 27 saves in Game one Max Pacioretty Jersey. Price entered this series 3-12- with a three.sixteen GAA in his final 15 playoff commences.</p><p>The Canadiens had won four straight property video games versus Ottawa.</p>

Voltar para “Geral”